Here at Alpen we are just a little crazy about breakfast. But don’t just take our word for it, check out these 7 great reasons to start your day with a good breakfast.
- Metabolism – Eating a quality breakfast helps kickstart your metabolism for the day, helping you to burn calories and maintain your energy levels.
- Weight Management: Researchers have found that on average people who eat breakfast are more likely to lose weight and keep it off in comparison to those who don’t.
- Happiness: Starting the day with a nutritious meal is proven to increase your levels of serotonin which is responsible for feelings of happiness and fulfilment.
- Social Time: Breakfast is a great excuse to come together as a family or friends and reconnect.
- Craving Control: Get rid of those cravings by giving your body what it needs from the beginning of the day.
- Nutrition: A nutritious breakfast contains some of the most important vitamins, minerals and fibre we need to keep our mind and body healthy. Skipping breakfast might mean that you are skipping out on these.
- Cognitive Ability: Skipping breakfast can cause lower cognitive function and poorer memory in the short term.
It is important to remember that not all breakfasts are created equal. That’s why we recommend eating a quality nutritious breakfast that contains all the vitamins, minerals and fibre you need to kick-start your day.